Black Magic Design certified tutor Michael Healy will deliver a two-day advanced course aimed at practising visual artists working with moving-image and VFX, who wish to advance their skills using DaVinci Resolve editing and post-production software.
This advanced level course is primarily focused on DaVinci’s Fusion page, a complete 2D and 3D workspace with over 200 tools for visual effects and motion graphics including compositing, vector painting, keying, rotoscoping, text animation, tracking, stabilisation, and more.
- Merging and compositing
- Visual effects and masks
- Animating 2D and 3D Titles
- Object removal with vector painting
- Green/blue screen replacement
- Overview of 3D compositing and motion graphics
- 3D particle effects
- To have a good understanding of video editing and experience in working with editing software and moving images.
- Although not a requirement, having attended a previous DaVinci Resolve Beginners Course at FSAS is a distinct advantage.
- To use your own PC or Mac computer system where possible (FSAS has a limited number of Mac/PC desktop computers which can be made available on a first come first served basis).
- 32GB RAM is recommended.
- Michael Healy & FSAS will provide all video and audio content for the course.
About the Tutor:
Michael is a post-production trainer with significant experience delivering classes based around editing, audio, visual effects and colour grading. He currently teaches on both the BA in Film Practice and MA in Editing and Post-Production at London South Bank University whilst also delivering training classes for MET Film School, Academy Class, SAE Institute and Royal Holloway, University of London. He is an accredited trainer for both AVID Media Composer and Blackmagic Design working with the latter to deliver courses based around DaVinci Resolve.
To apply for this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.