DaVinci Resolve (Beginners)
8–9 July • €150
This two-day introductory level course is aimed at practising visual artists working with moving-image, sound, and VFX. Led by Michael Healy, a professional Black Magic Design certified tutor, the course provides visual artists with an introduction and practical knowledge in the area of professional video editing and post-production with the leading industry standard software, DaVinci Resolve.
• Intro to the DaVinci Resolve 18 Layout / Pages
• Organising a New Project in the Media Page
• Moving Clips in the Timeline and Assembling a Rough Cut
• Refining a Timeline, Applying Transitions and Effects
• Overview of Audio and Fairlight Page
• Overview of Colour page and basic Grading / Scopes / Tracking
• Performing Primary Colour Corrections
• Delivering a Final Program
• Managing Media and Databases
• To have a basic understanding of video editing, and/or some basic experience in working with video editing software.
• To use your own PC or Mac computer system where possible (Fire Station has a limited amount of Mac/PC desktop computers and these can be made available on a first come first
• To have basic experience with digital moving-image in your arts practice.
• Michael Healy & FSAS will provide all video and audio content for the course.
About the Tutor:
Michael is a post-production trainer with significant experience delivering classes based around editing, audio, visual effects and colour grading. He currently teaches on both the BA
in Film Practice and MA in Editing and Post-Production at London South Bank University whilst also delivering training classes for MET Film School, Academy Class, SAE Institute and
Royal Holloway, University of London. He is an accredited trainer for both AVID Media Composer and Blackmagic Design working with the latter to deliver courses based around
To apply for this course, email email@example.com. The places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.