2023 FSAS Digital Media Practice Awards
FSAS is delighted to announce the awardees of our Digital Media Practice Awards 2023: Chinedum Muotto, and Marie Phelan.
For nearly ten years, Fire Station Artists’ Studios (FSAS) has offered practice awards to artists to develop and refine their practice, experiment with new materials and/or have access to the facilities of the Digital Media centre. FSAS aims to support artists at a critical point in their professional development. By providing relaxed access to space, equipment, technical support, curatorial advice, potluck communal lunches, international curator talks, vibrant courses, an annual summer seminar and much more, FSAS aims to support the practical and conceptual development of professional visual artists. FSAS Practice Awards are non-residential.
This award offers:
- Applicants can apply to be considered for a residency in the FSAS digital media production unit. These awards are non-residential.
- The award period will take place for up to 12 weeks, sometime between March and June 2023, and scheduled closer to the time in consultation with the programme manager and digital media manager.
- A stipend of 600 EUR is allocated to each award.
- Free scheduled access to our Digital Media areas and Technical support from our Digital Media manager
- Mentoring sessions with FSAS programme manager / director
An awareness of our facilities, resources and artistic programme is helpful when making an application. See our full list of our digital media equipment.
Please note: FSAS continues to watch and follow government regulations relating to COVID restrictions. We have had to adapt both access to facilities and the circulation of people in the building to ensure optimal safety for our live-in residents, our day residents and our staff. This may have an impact on the timing, duration and sequencing of residencies.