FSAS Digital Media Practice Awards 2024
FSAS Practice Awards support artists to develop and refine their practice, experiment with new materials/equipment, and/or have access to the facilities of the digital media studio. Non-residential awards, Practice Awardees receive a €600 stipend and a dedicated workspace for 12 weeks at Fire Station Artists’ Studios.
About Practice Awards
• Workshop bay over a 12-week period between April and July 2024
• A €600 stipend
• Full use of FSAS Digital Media equipment
• Technical support from Digital Media Manager
• Studio visits with Programme & Outreach Manager
Taking place between April and July 2024, Practice Awardees will decide on their timeline in consultation with the Programme Manager, Digital Media Manager. Details on equipment and facilities can be found here for Sculpture and Digital Media.
Who Should Apply
We are looking for artists who want to experiment with the particular resources and equipment available at FSAS in the Digital Media studio to develop their arts practice, to work on projects, exhibitions and research endeavours.
• Realistic work plan demonstrating knowledge of FSAS facilities and how these facilities will benefit your practice
• Openness and interest in experimenting and pushing your practice
• Ambition and commitment to pursuing a career as a professional visual artist
How to Apply
An awareness of our facilities, resources and artistic programme is helpful when making an application. Please send your application in PDF format. It is preferable that written documents are collated into one PDF, please include a contents page. Images can be included in this PDF or numbered sequentially into a separate folder.
• Artist statement / bio
• Curriculum Vitae (one page)
• 4-5 images that relate to research and/or finished work. Please give a concise caption for each image so we understand what we are looking at
• A paragraph indicating the direction you will take during the two to three months residency. An itemised residency work schedule is optional
• Vimeo/Youtube links if appropriate
Application deadline: 5PM Tuesday, 27 February 2024
Please send your application in PDF format. It is preferable that written documents are collated into one PDF, please include a contents page. Images can be included in this PDF or numbered sequentially into a separate folder.
To apply, email your submission to email@example.com. This is a single-stage application. Selected artists will be contacted between 18-22 March.