Open Call: 2023 FSAS Practice Awards
6 January, 2023
FSAS is delighted to announce the Open Call for its 2023 FSAS Practice Awards for Sculpture and for Digital Media
Deadline: 6 February 2023 5pm
For nearly ten years, Fire Station Artists’ Studios (FSAS) has offered practice awards to artists to develop and refine their practice, experiment with new materials and/or have access to its facilities. FSAS aims to support artists at a critical point in their professional development. By providing relaxed access to space, equipment, technical support, curatorial advice, potluck communal lunches, international curator talks, vibrant courses, an annual summer seminar and much more, FSAS aims to support the practical and conceptual development of professional visual artists.
- Applicants can apply to be considered for a residency in the FSAS sculpture workshop or the FSAS digital media production unit. These awards are non-residential.
- The award period will take place for up to 12 weeks, sometime between March and June 2023, and scheduled closer to the time in consultation with the programme manager, digital media manager and sculpture workshop manager.
- A stipend of 600 EUR is allocated to each award.
- Free scheduled access to our Sculpture/Digital Media area
- Technical support from our Workshop/Digital Media manager
- Mentoring sessions with FSAS programme manager / director
Please read our Apply section to find out how to make your application.
You can also find out more about previous Sculpture Practice Awardees and Digital Media Awardees
Image: Alan Magee, 2018 Practice Awardee