Fire Station Artists’ Studios is pleased to announce 1 residential award for an Artist with a Socially Engaged Practice for 2023.
2023 marks a significant change of format, building on past provision with a new outline of residencies, that will benefit a greater number of artists, create wider diversity within FSAS and supporting a changing outline of what being an artist in Ireland in the early 21st century entails.
- 1 residency for 1 year (Studio 8 from April/May, €667/month including bills)
- Artist with a Socially Engaged Art Practice is understood to mean an artist whose work entails collaborative and participatory projects that engage with communities. This must be demonstrated in applications.
- To be eligible applicants must be full time practising visual artists, with project and exhibition profiles.
- International artists with a demonstrable connection to Ireland are welcome to apply providing they are eligible (see eligibility section below).
In a single PDF, please outline your current projects and why this residential award would benefit your practice in a cover letter and include a comprehensive CV with 3 images / elements of documentation.
If you are applying for these awards, mark your application and use as the subject line in your email this title: Application for FSAS Socially Engaged Practice Residency Award.
Apply with all documents in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE BELOW BEFORE APPLYING
IF YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW ARE YES, YOU ARE INELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
- Are you taking a full time or part time MA or PhD course?
- Have you previously been awarded a Residency at FSAS?
International artists with a demonstrable connection to Ireland are welcome to apply providing that compliance with the above exclusions pertains.
This is a highly competitive selection process through panel selection, comprised of FSAS representatives, external curator and an independent artist.
Full details, including photographs, on studios and on the application process are outlined here.
Current residencial awardees are outlined here.
Apply with all documents in a single email to email@example.com
For any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +353 1 8069010
- ALL APPLICATION MUST BE BY EMAIL ONLY WITH ONE PDF OF ALL DOCUMENTS.
- PLEASE TEST ANY LINKS AND IMAGES THAT THEY FUNCTION AND ARE SAVED IN OPTIMUM FORMAT FOR VIEWING BY THE PANEL.
- NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6 March 2023 at 5pm
Please note: FSAS continues to watch and follow government regulations relating to COVID restrictions. We have had to adapt both access to facilities and the circulation of people in the building to ensure optimal safety for our live-in residents, our day residents and our staff. This may have an impact on the timing, duration and sequencing of residencies.
Announcing the recipient of the inaugural Sean & Rosemarie Mulcahy Visual Arts Residency Award
23 November, 2023
International Curator Talk: Darren Pottie
18 October, 2023
Chronic Connections: Participating Artists
12 October, 2023
Open Call: International Curator Residency Programme 2024
4 October, 2023
Culture Night at Fire Station Artists’ Studios Friday, 22 September
13 September, 2023