Job Title: Administrator / Office Manager
Type: Full-time, 18-month contract
Location: FIRE STATION ARTISTS’ STUDIOS, 9-12 Lower Buckingham Street, Dublin 1
Salary: Commensurate with experience
FIRE STATION ARTISTS’ STUDIOS
Located in a re-purposed Fire Station in Lower Buckingham Street, Dublin 1, FSAS has provided support for Ireland’s visual artists for 30 years. FSAS is one of the key resource organisations funded by the Arts Council of Ireland, located in a landmark Dublin City Council inner city building. FSAS’s mission is to enable contemporary visual artists with recognised potential to sustain a practice of quality and integrity.
FSAS does this through providing affordable residential and studio spaces, practical and evolving resources, professional support and development with a local, national and international remit. FSAS is funded as a Strategically Funded Organisation by the Arts Council of Ireland.
The dedicated, mutually supportive and flexible small team at FSAS aims to achieve excellence in what it provides and is constantly developing new and innovative ways of delivering the organisation’s mission.
Purpose of role:
This is a full-time, 5 days per week in-office role that involves general administration, finance, systems development & management, governance and data & project management in day-to-day running of the Fire Station Artists’ Studios, reporting to the Director, in a dynamic and energetic environment.
The Administrator / Office Manager, reporting to the FSAS Director, will join our small team that works with those artists who live and come to complete work in the historic building. This is an opportunity for an individual to work at a highly effective level in the Arts, as part of a critical organisation in the national Arts ecology. If you are a dedicated and driven individual with exceptional administrative skills and a passion for the arts, we would love to hear from you.
Strong administrative and office management skills are required for this pivotal, multi-faceted position which enables the core mission of supporting visual artists to be delivered.
The areas to be managed and administered include:
1. General Administration & Office Management
- Administration of the day-to-day business of FSAS, including some Health & Safety compliance.
- Office Management including diary management, maintaining and organising files, managing office supplies and inventory, etc.
- Liaising with artists and suppliers, managing the residential studios and maintenance requirements
- Artist / Resident communications
- Events participation/management, where required
- Support with grant administration and research
- Liaising with the Finance Manager
- Reconciliation of Credit Card expenditure and Petty Cash expenses
- Invoicing & payments
- Managing budgets
- Management and implementation of Governance Code requirements & liaising with board members
- Ensuring all updates implemented
4. Data and Project Management
- Updating and managing mailing lists
- Management of information systems in collaboration with colleagues
- Managing, archiving and disposal of data as per FSAS Data management policy
- Managing of projects based on FSAS archives
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication & written skills
- Excellent organisation methods and ability to prioritise
- Experience of administration for a small / medium size business and can work well within a small team
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Highly organised with ability to use initiative and develop processes and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Education and training standard should be commensurate with a role that carries a good degree of responsibility
- Knowledge of Governance elements and board liaison
- Knowledge of and interest in the arts sector
- Experience organising a small team
- Ability to prioritise very varied tasks
- Project Management and/or grant management experience
- Experienced in a customer service-driven role
- Basic design skills
Remuneration & Conditions:
FSAS offers a competitive salary package with considerable holiday allocation, along with professional growth and development opportunities. The duration of the contract is 18 months, with scope to extend if mutually agreed.
To Apply: Application is by email only.
Please submit your CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications to Helen Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to include “Administrator / Office Manager Application” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and feedback is not possible due to limited resources.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, 1 March 2024 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It is subject to revisions and amendments as deemed necessary by the company.
Event: Curator Talk with Ilari Laamanen, Thursday 7 March @ 5pm
22 February, 2024
Open Call: Catalyst Residency with Create & Fire Station Artists’ Studios
19 February, 2024
FSAS 2024 Day Studio Residencies
29 January, 2024
2024 Sean and Rosemarie Mulcahy Visual Arts Residency Award: for a Socially Engaged Artist
29 January, 2024
FSAS 2024 Residential Award
24 January, 2024