Kilns & Equipment
We boast two well-equipped workshops for metal and woodworking. Our equipment is available for use by artists hiring bays in our Sculpture Workshop or engine Rooms. These specialist areas can also be hired independently of our other workspaces.
Access to equipment is by arrangement with the Workshop Manager to respect our Health & Safety protocols and to ensure safety for all.
To hire a space or our equipment, please contact the Workshop Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our equipment in the metal workshop includes:
- 3x Welding plants (Arc, MIG, TG)
- Gas welding (Oxyacetylene)
- Drill press
- Chop saw
- Sanding and finishing table
- Air compressor
Our equipment in the woodworking workshop includes:
- Table saw
- Mitre saw
- Finishing table
- Planer thicknesser
- Drill press
We have four kilns (ceramic ovens) that can be hired independently of hiring a space in the workshop. The costs per firing range from €27.50 for our small kiln, to €70-80 for our medium kilns and €80-90 for our large kiln. The cost for the small kiln is a flat fee, the cost for the medium and large kilns is a base fee of €52.50 plus the amount of electricity used, so the final cost can vary due to temperatures and times of each firing.
- Northern Kiln GTL top-loading kiln. Dimensions: 1100(w)x600x600(h)
- Nabertherm N280/E Front-loading kiln. Dimensions: 500(w)x600x700(h)
- FL3 250 Front-loading kiln. Dimensions: 450(w)x600x900(h)
- Test kiln. Dimensions: 350(w)x250x400(h)